Mercure Hotel Bugis
122 Middle Road, Singapore 188973
28 October 2016
Dealing with external party and clients, from the choice of venue to selling of the product and business contract, a professional salesperson or manager require essential tactics for a successful negotiation which ultimately contribute towards productive outcomes within the organization and with those we do business with. Being equipped with negotiation skills will empower your working life positively to manage difficult situations. This 1-day course will help you develop skills in negotiation and give you a fast track into the essentials of being an effective negotiator and provide you with an ability to influence people in a desired direction.
- The Essentials
- Understand the Principles of Negotiation
- Characteristics and Skills of an Effective Negotiator
- Identifying Clear Objectives and Agenda Setting
- Initial Assessment of Opposition – Choosing a Strategy
- Preparing Yourself and Avoiding Critical Mistakes
- Planning and Preparing for Negotiation – A Checklist
- The Environment
- Selecting Suitable Ambiance
- Understanding the Trick of Positioning and Familiarity
- The Encounter
- Managing Negotiation Process
- Negotiators’ Strategies and Tactics
- Making a Proposal and Responding to Ploys
- Recognize Interests and Issues to Avoid Unnecessary Positions
- Understand and Manage Different Behaviors and Difficult Situations
- Leading the Negotiation Process to a Close
- The Epilogue
- Relationship Management
Who Should Attend:
Executives, Managers, Directors and Senior Management from Business Development, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and personnel who are dealing with external party as well as contract and business negotiation in a regular basis.
- Understand the Principles of negotiation and applying the key concept into business negotiation
– Effectively managing the negotiation process and avoid common mistakes when negotiating
– Develop skills and tactics as a negotiator
– Understand different clients and external party’s behaviors and solving difficult situations
Woon Jiun has over 15 years of experience in the field of customer contact ranging from hotel rooms and food and beverage operations to military logistics, aviation to tourism. He is currently the Principal Consultant, Coach and Chief Trainer of King Hospitality Training and Consulting. His area of specialty in training include Leadership, Management, Customer Service, Sales, Workplace Safety and Security, Train the Trainer. Backed with tremendous experience, Woon Jiun has assumed roles as the Head of Department for Learning & Development and Quality Assurance and provided regional support in his works as well. Furthermore, he has coached aspiring talents from various industries on personal branding and self development, trained CEOs about Leadership and Management concepts, taught luxury brands Customer Service, inspired vendors and sales personnel in the art of Sales, honed fellow trainers and even equipped organizations with better safety mindset and security awareness. Having worked abroad, Woon Jiun brings with him multicultural understanding and is able to weave in relevant examples in his training to heighten the learning and create engagement, including the use of mobile devices and virtual platforms. Through his high involvement in complex projects during his career, he also possess a strong background in change management, proven by the top awards and accolades he has helped organizations achieve. In addition, Woon Jiun is also the co-founder of The L&D Group in Singapore for 5-Star hotels.Woon Jiun graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce from Murdoch University of Australia with double majors in Hospitality and Tourism and Human Resource Management, undertaking additional studies in Knowledge and Organizational Learning, Sociology and Psychology. He also holds the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment and is both a Group Training Technique and On-Job Training certified lead trainer. In his quest for continuous improvement, Woon Jiun has recently been certified as a Life and Career Coach who can administer Neuro-Liguistic Programming and the Enneagram Profiling tool for his clients. He is also an award winning Toastmaster who spoke at the World Speech Day 2016 in Singapore.
Early Bird (before 22 August) – SGD 529 per delegate
Standard (after 22 August) – SGD 588 per delegate
Group Rate (group of 3) – 4th delegate free for every group of 3
- Only 1 discount rate applies.
- All fees are in Singapore Dollars.
- The program fee is inclusive of lunch, 2 refreshment breaks and all workshop materials.
- Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to your company upon receipt of full payment.
- All participants who complete the program will receive a Certificate.
- Singapore-incorporated companies can enjoy up to 400% tax deduction or 40% cash payout under the IRAS PIC scheme for training of employees. For more information, please visit: iras.gov.sg
- No cancellation will be allowed upon payment, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is allowed. No refund and full fees will be charged for cancellation or non-attendance.
- When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
- Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
- APIC reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Alternatively, you may contact Polly at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6255 5076 for more info on Group Rate and Bundle Deal.