Mercure Hotel Bugis
122 Middle Road, Singapore 188973
20 October 2016
Leadership in the coming years is becoming more challenging in the midst of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA). Higher costs of operation, and lower sales turnover are driving organizations to look at ways and means to enhance productivity to achieve their corporate mission, vision, and goals.
Managers, team leaders and directors are therefore under pressure to perform and guide their subordinates towards the company objectives. Managers are also facing new challenges everyday as they make the transition from an individual contributor to a leader of other people. Leadership and people management skills training are critical to their career success and with fast changing environment, it takes a huge effort and time to shape leadership and people skill for managers.
Attend this 1-Day Workshop and shorten the learning curve, create momentum and secure early wins to establish the management skills by applying the Phychology of Effective Leadership. The course facilitator will direct the participants to reflect on the challenges of the future and how they can overcome the difficulties as well as equip the participants with 21st centuries competencies in leadership and management.
- 21st Century Competencies:
- What are they?
- How do I apply at my workplace?
- The Ripple Effect:
- What’s that?
- How do I know if it works?
- The Psychology of Effective Leadership:
- What are the Qualities of an Effective Leader?
- What is the GetSmart Philosophy?
- Introduction and Pace Setting:
- Who are you, and what do you want are your expectations?
- What are the challenges in dealing with a diverse workforce?
- Critical success factors of an organization:
- What makes an organization different from another?
- What are the core competencies of employees in successful organizations?
- The Fruit Tree Analogy:
- Why do some apples taste better than others?
- What if the apples were products, and services?
- The Systematic Approach to Effective Leadership:
- What’s that?
- How do I apply at my workplace?
- The Get Smart Action Plans:
- What are they?
- How would I apply them at work?
Who Should Attend?
Executives, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors from all departments (i.e. human resource, account & finance, marketing, production and etc.) within the organization as well as leaders, entrepreneurs and employees who are looking for career advancement and leadership skill to manage the team and subordinates.
The Workshop would be facilitated by a DACE (Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education) qualified Facilitator and participants would:
– Benefit from the authentic workplace experiences and challenges shared in the course
– Gain knowledge and skills through collaborative learning techniques
– Understand the psychology of Effective Leadership, and able to apply the Three-Legged Model of Success to bring about positive changes at the workplace
– Understand the importance of a supportive environment in enhancing workplace productivity, and able to contribute towards achieving a conducive workplace environment
– Understand the importance of a systematic approach in handling problems, and able to practice a systematic approach in dealing with problems at the workplace
– Understand the importance of being focused, and able to set GetSmart Action Plans at work.
Ong Hong Him is a Practicing Management Consultant (PMC), and a professional trainer/facilitator who specializes in behavioral-based training, and consulting. He creates fun in learning and brings the best out of the learners with his “hands-on” and action-based facilitation skills. He is an Approved MOM WorkPro Work-Life Trainer. His passion in adult learning started in the early 70’s when he assisted Ministry of Labor, Singapore in conducting evening classes for learners to equip them with the Essential Skills in handling employees (OJT). Hong Him is a Fellow Member of the SHRI, with more than 25 years (12 years of which were spent in BP, and Philips Petroleum) of working experience in HR at senior management level. In addition to his HR working career, he spent 13 years in business as CEO and Managing Director (7 years in a manufacturing company, and 6 years in real estate), and from November 2006 he has been dealing with adult learning, training, and consulting. He is the author of “The Psychology in Recruiting the Right Employee”, and a courseware developer cum Master Trainer for the GetSmart Program comprising – Skill in Leading, Skill in Communication and Giving Instructions, Skill in Work Improvement, and Effective Workplace Performance and Review (www.goldworth.com.sg). Hong Him has vast experience in conducting workshops for professionals in adult learning, in subjects/topics including Human Resource Management, Principles of Learning, Customer Service Satisfaction, Principles of Management, Creative Thinking, Essential Skills for Managers and Supervisors, Train-The-Trainers Program, Presentation Skills, and other soft skills. He is a certified trainer/practitioner for DISC, CBCI, and he holds an MBA Degree from University of Brunel – UK, and a Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE), Advance Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), Diploma in Industrial Engineering, Diploma in Marketing, Diploma in Works Management, DMS, and other professional qualifications.Based in Singapore, his passion for adult learning and training brought him to places to conduct workshops, lectures, and tutorials in countries such as Vietnam, China, India, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, UK, Cambodia, Emirates. Since the early 70’s he had conducted adult learning courses for more than 10,000 learners of different nationalities, different generations, from different sizecompanies, different industries, and different interests in Singapore, and abroad.
Early Bird (before 22 August) – SGD 529 per delegate
Standard (after 22 August) – SGD 588 per delegate
Group Rate (group of 3) – 4th delegate free for every group of 3
- Only 1 discount rate applies.
- All fees are in Singapore Dollars.
- The program fee is inclusive of lunch, 2 refreshment breaks and all workshop materials
- Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to your company upon receipt of full payment.
- All participants who complete the program will receive a Certificate.
- Singapore-incorporated companies can enjoy up to 400% tax deduction or 40% cash payout under the IRAS PIC scheme for training of employees. For more information, please visit: iras.gov.sg
- No cancellation will be allowed upon payment, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is allowed. No refund and full fees will be charged for cancellation or non-attendance.
- When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
- Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
- APIC reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Alternatively, you may contact Polly at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6255 5076 for more info on Group Rate and Bundle Deal.